Saturday, June 20, 2009

Sweat, I mean Scout camp

Just back from our annual trip to Scout Camp. This summer we went to Camp Cherokee in Athens, TX. Nothing more refreshing than summer camp in Texas. NOT. The parents are already encouraging the boys that next years summer camp needs to be in Colorado. But it was a successful camp, Asa earned three merit badges and a rank advancement and Eli, as the troops Senior Patrol Leader, learned the joys of leadership. We also had a visit from one of the camp alligators. Yeah, heat, humidity and animals that can eat you, what's not to love.

Eli also has his Eagle Project approved and looks like we are working at the Tiger rescue place in a month.

Now please excuse me while I start the mound of sweat soaked laundry.

4 comments:

  1. ooh! Colorado! I just spoke with JJ today and she told me it was 50 degrees there this afternoon. Compared to the 113 here, it sounds heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a reason I quit scouts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. because you are a quitter

    ReplyDelete