Monday, March 30, 2009

Some soma would be great right now...

And by that, I mean a reference to Brave New World, not the actual addictive muscle relaxer. Today's been a pretty "meh" day so far (I have afternoon classes in twenty-five minutes). I spent the first several hours of the day finalizing my schedule for next term, though it really still isn't actually finalized. But I DID finally succeed in getting all of my stops removed. I successfully petitioned for Enrollment Overload (although my academic advisor told me she was only doing it "conditionally" because of the high crazy-level of most people who apply for 24 hours), I successfully bullied my psych advisor into granting me another Special Permission for a course I'm taking with a friend of mine next term, and I called and had it out with the Bursar's office. For some reason, the BURSAR'S office had a stop on my enrollment. When I called, and finally spoke to the supervisor she said (and I quote): "Well jeepers, I havenna clue why they locked your enrollment. Musta been a mistake!" Mistake, my hiney. They probably just wanted to draw my attention to the gobs of money that my high enrollment requires (which, Daddy-dearest, is going to be paid for by my happy-making scholarship) ... sadistic #!%&!%^s.

Although I may not be able to take Judo like I wanted because it may conflict with the class I'm hoping to TA next term. I may have to do Pilates instead, or just scrap the exercise class altogether. We shall see ...


Then, tomorrow, I get to go pick up my car, hopefully. They tell me it should be done finally, though they refuse to promise me, which makes me suspicious of their intentions... either way, they better've fixed it well! I do have high hopes for the repairs, though, since it was the dealership that did it ... though not-so-high hopes for my checkbook ...


Oh well. On a sidenote, we're almost to April Fool's day. I hereby propose an armistice to everyone on prankage, considering I will probably be too busy or frazzled this week to do much sufficient pranking anyway ...

Alright ... time for my National Security Policy class. Tata, dear readers.

2 comments:

  1. Whatever you do, don't drop an exercise class. If you have any hope at all of getting through an overload of classes with your sanity intact, you will need to work your body in order to relax your mind.

    Cute little cards! Did you write the captions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS Aldous Huxley is one of my favorite authors. Have you ever read Atlas Shrugged? (not by Huxley but also another fave)

    ReplyDelete