Monday, March 2, 2009

My response to my Son's desire for "change"

Hi Son,

Aunt Laurie was telling us about your voting choice this year in the presidential election. And since you voted for change, I believe you should receive some change. For starters, you can now sleep in a tent in the back yard when you come back to visit. And, as a reliance in government is part of your change, I am sure that president obama will provide your tuition/room and board as part of some government program. So, I will go ahead and change out the Texas Tomorrow fund to one of your non-change related siblings. And, since your new change president is surely going to tax me in to the poor house to make all his campaign promises come true, we will be selling all your possessions in our house on eBay to pay for grocieries since your Mom and I don’t fall into any protected ethnic group. You know, like obama’s mom’s side of the family.

You wanted change.

Love,

Dad

2 comments:

  1. This kind of made me laugh, since I mentioned this in passing to your parents sometime in November or December I think.

    I think your Dad has been stewing about this for some time, Zeke! :0

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's somewhat unoriginal. He sent me an email with basically the same thing a few months ago, I think. Meh. Whatever.

    ReplyDelete