Monday, March 23, 2009

Boys on the chain gang

(from Steve)

Friday when I landed at the airport I had a voicemail waiting for me from my bride. Two things, one that my oldest son had broken down on the way back to OU and needed a lift, which she was providing and two, that my two youngest sons had waited until she left and then had run up the street in violation of their grounding. I asked to get the punishment side of this little fiasco.

When I got home I didn't say much about the incident until the next day. Then, has they headed for the door I said, "boys it is now time to pay for your transgressions." Dishes waited for them, then a pirate style scrubbing of the kitchen, bathroom and laundry room floor (this involves being on your hands and knees with a scrub brush). Then mops were used, then we shifted to the garden and the yard. By Sunday afternoon the boys were looking a little beat down.

But I am not done, yet.

2 comments:

  1. Can you send them to my house next? It could use a little upkeep. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could keep them busy too! :) Plus I'd get to hang w/ my nephews. :)

    ReplyDelete