Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Moment of Pride

So, three things to blog about really quickly:

Firstly, I received a batch email earlier to IAS students from Career Services saying that our résumés that had been posted on HireSooner (the Career Services Web site) had been reviewed by the CS Counselors and that we should schedule an appointment with the office to come in and discuss the corrections and suggestions made to our particular document. So, being the proactive student I am (pshaw), I immediately call up the Career Services office and ask to speak to the advisor who looked over mine. When she gets on the phone, she tells me that the only correction she has is that she would like to see me change my margins a little and increase my font size a point. That's it. These people exist to critique résumés. That's practically all they do there! And the ONLY correction she had on mine was that I should change my font size some. She said it was "perfect," "impressive," "one of the best [she's] seen." I can't contain my pride. =) I just had to share that.

Secondly, I just finished my second Psychology midterm. The best question of the evening? "According to contemporary research, dreams are: (b) a wish your heart makes." Don't worry, that wasn't the answer, and I didn't choose "b," but I did have a laugh at that one.

And lastly, I have redone my Web site. Right now, the "Professional" site is the only part that's up. My "Personal" site is still undergoing facelift after facelift after facelift. I'm afraid it'll start to look like a Web version of Michael Jackson by the time I publish it. Keep a good thought. Anyway, if you're interested, the address for my Web site is web.me.com/zekielj. Enjoy, dear readers.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Zeke, very impressive! I'd hire you!

    I think you should make your very last picture slide on your professional site one of you with a goofy grin on your face, or winking or at least smiling. It'll show your sense of humor side and put people at ease when they think about working with you. Just my thought, take it or leave it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, by they way, congrats on everything else and you should receive a delivery around 3 pm today. Put a note on your door if you just want it left there.

    ReplyDelete