Wednesday, February 18, 2009

SURPRISE! (It's a secret)

Even though I desperately wanted it to be a surprise, I can't contain myself. It has been 31 days since I last saw my darling family, and since my weekends are booked to a slightly nauseating level with humanitarian activities (pardon while I go call for God on the Great White Telephone), I'm having trouble getting a weekend off. So I've decided, since the planets have properly aligned this week and my Thursday class is cancelled (secretly, it's optional, but the "optional" activity is going over an activity that I aced, so I'm sure I won't miss much), I'm going to magically appear home on Wednesday. It's been far too long since I've seen my mommy (and I also need a haircut and I have lots of laundry.)

But here's the secret part. NO ONE can tell Mommy (unless of course she reads the blog, which by the way, NONE of you are allowed to instruct her to do!) Katie, keep mum (no pun intended) about this (since I'm sure you'll be up crazy-early enough to catch this blog entry), and you too, Eli (though you probably *won't* be up early enough to catch this blog entry). 

I know it won't be very long, but it'll at least be a good 24 hours of being home, so I figure it's gotta be worth something!

Now. Time for bed. Early classes tomorrow. Nine-thirty. And it's a debate on China. I'm really hoping that I get to use the line "And what does that have to do with the price of rice in China," just for the lulz. Ah well. 

I leave you with this final thought, dear readers:


7 comments:

  1. Can I call Holy Pepolz on the Grate White Phone too? And Eli won't see this for a wile! He gets up at 6:05

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm. I hate to be the one to break it to you, but your mom actually DOES read this blog. We talk about it all the time, and she is so impressed with you kids and your writing.

    Unfortunately, she's 21st century impaired, so she doesn't comment much. She gets very flummoxed by the whole posting comment thing.

    Lots of people read your blog but they don't post. We think you guys are great.

    So your best hope is that she doesn't sit down to read it until tonight ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, hopefully it won't be until about 9 PM tonight. A little birdie told me that's when I'll probably be getting in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, it worked pretty well until I was about 30 minutes away. I had received three calls from Eli, but I didn't realize my phone had been ringing, so I missed them all. When I finally saw my phone, I called back, thinking that Mom probably knew what was up. As it turns out, she didn't. I told her I had received calls from home, and she seemed somewhat confused and said no one had called. I was okay up until she asked what I was doing, and I just couldn't lie to my mommy. I told her I was heading home. She asked from where, and my mind blanked, and so I just went ahead and told her, from Norman.

    Boo to my surprise [somewhat] failing. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. (By the way, Aunt laurie, be sure to check that one post about pescetarianism - I responded)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with your mom, these things drive me crazy. I was writing a note and all of a sudden it disappeared. So I will try again. Zeke, you have to think faster on your feet. Can't be a good international negotiator or whatever unless you can think faster. Should have said "I'm on my way home from school". That could have meant almost anything, like going to the dorm or all the way home.

    ReplyDelete