Thursday, February 26, 2009

Ashes!

As we all know yesterday was Ash Wensday. Yey Ash! 
Well As I'm about to walk in to the Chapel I see deco siting on a bench and say, "Hi Deacon Do you have enough people?"
He says, "Oh it's just me what did you have in mind?"
I say, "Alter Servers."
"Oh that's be really helpful! Thank you!"

Now you might be thinking, gee that's sweet or something and believe the whole thing went on with out and confusion at all.
hahahahahahahahaha.... your funny!

No I hadn't served since a long time a go last year. And that was all just being first or second chair. And that one time I was a bout bearer. 
This time I was suddenly a Crucifier, and first chair at the same time. It was only me and Deacon running the show. Usably there's 1 and 2 chair and a incense bearer and a bout bearer and a crucifier. Not just a Katie, who is completely guessing her way through the mass. 
I guesses correctly most the time mind you!

And about half way through I look to my left and up pops Father. (He'd been gone at some school).
And some nice man came up and became first chair. 

And during the Eucharist I was helping father by holding the shiny gold tray to ceach any falling hosts. Well our side got all done so we went over to help deacon, making a two lane kinda thing. Guess were my lane was stationed at. heres a hint the hole time i hured. "Katie! Katie! Hi Katie!"

Yep right in front of the clan!

Well that was my action packed yesterday.

1 comment:

  1. Cute story, Katie! At first when you said Father I thought you meant Steve and not the priest. I was wondering what school he'd gone to! hee hee

    ReplyDelete