Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Glamorous Travel

I know that in the past the kids and even my bride have suggested that my travel for work was fun. Each time I would hear that I would think back to the drive I did late one night this past fall to Houston. I stayed in town late so that I could go to Vivi's play, she was after all lead cow. I drove south after my dinner of church cooked hot dogs and flat soda. I was traveling really light as the next day would be one meeting and then drive back home. Two hours out of town the bad soda and bad hot dogs combined into a toxic stomach stew that needed out. I had to make sure that I didn't get anything on my only pair of slacks so I am leaning on the side of the truck on the side of I-45 throwing up so hard my eyes hurt.

And that is the glamorous side of travel

4 comments:

  1. I would like to point out, for the record, that, in lieu of my current rank of #2 in the department of "Long, Nasty Drives per Annum" in our family, I have *never* once made a remark about your travel being fun.

    That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done that before, just not sure it was from bad food.

    So, if I get what you're saying, that's the only time it WASN'T fun? One time in the fall?

    Just kidding. I know from all the travel I do for "fun" that it's not always that fun, and if it's for work, even less so.

    ReplyDelete