Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Ugh. Three more days...


I don't know why I'm already ready for this week to end. Realistically, it hasn't been a very hard one or anything. I had an exam today (Tuesday), but I think I did pretty well on most of it (the jury is still out on the multiple choice section). The only other thing I did was an experiment for Psychology wherein I had to play the part of an air traffic controller. Pshaw. I could that all day. And apparently they make beaucoup bucks, too, AND they don't need a degree! SIGN ME UP! Maybe ... I've also heard it's a pretty hectic job. Meh. Couldn't be any more hectic than juggling however many majors/minors I'm up to now.

Oh yeah, speaking of which, in case you haven't heard, I may be changing stuff around on the academic front. I've always wanted to do something medical, and for a long time, I was *really* looking pretty hardcore at neurology or neurosurgery. I can pinpoint the EXACT day that I told myself it wasn't for me, and the really irritating part is that I disagree with the reasons I gave myself back then. I'm so frustrated because I could have been on track with a B.S. in Psychology and a Premedical program from the start, but instead I've been dragging around with this major and that minor and whatnot. I'm currently an International Security Studies and Psychology major with three minors (Russian, Linguistics, Socio-criminology), and I'm looking at going back to my original plan. But I can't justify not completing the last few requirements for ISS (or my Russian minor either), so I'm stuck looking down the barrel of a freaking TRIPLE major in ISS/Psych/Premed with FOUR minors (Russian, Socio-criminology, Zoology, Chemistry).

I'm a little stressed about school. It's such a crock anyway. A bunch of classes that teach me nothing worth paying thousands of dollars and spending hundreds—potentially thousands—of hours of my time forget-...I mean learning. UGH.

And on an unrelated note, I'm irritated with myself because I missed a sale at Kohls that ended today (I have a gift-card). And my room is messy. It stresses me out. Plus I just finished laundry last night and still haven't really gotten around to the part where I fold it and put it away yet.

But it's really really late, I still need to shower before bed (I always shower before bed too, to keep my sheets smelling clean and fresh, and to wind down).

GAH.
"Dear life,
go ... fly a kite.
Love, Zekiel."


1 comment:

  1. You can do whatever you want - up till the point the scholarship and the Texas tomorrow run out.

    ReplyDelete