Monday, April 20, 2009

Good morning?

Hello everyone! I know that you're probably all asleep right now, as any sane person would be, but not I! No, no.

You see, even though it IS 4:12 A.M., yours truly was asked to do the design for the Journal of International Affairs, a layout which is due to the rest of the editorial board by Tuesday-ish. So we can publish on Thursday-ish. Which wouldn't be so bad except we have to use Chicago style, and practically everyone wrote in MLA. AHHHHHHH! So tomorrow, while I'm in class, I'll probably be laying out JIA.

BUT there is a silver lining. The current EiC of JIA is graduating this year, and has asked me if she could recommend me to Dr. Messette (the faculty advisor of International Affairs Society, the organization that publishes JIA) for next year's Editor-in-Chief. Heck yes!

On top of that, I received a letter on Saturday informing me that I've been selected as a Councilman for the University of Oklahoma Student Association (UOSA) Honor Council.

AND, on top of that, I'm applying to UOSA Exec to work as an Advocate or Department Director in Student Government.

Ah, life is good.

Except for that whole no-sleeping bit, which I'm probably about to rectify.

Nighty night, world.

2 comments:

  1. No sleep = bad work. Take care of yourself and congrats, we're proud of you son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Zeke! I hope you're having fun somewhere in all this.

    By the way, thanks for reminding me what it's like to be a civilian reading military acronyms. :)

    ReplyDelete