Wednesday, April 8, 2009

in the land of the drive through liquor store

From Steve

I am in the land of the drive through liquor store for the next couple of days. That's right, no front door, just a drive through window for mixed drinks. They have Long Island Ice Tea, Daquiri, Margarita, you name it they serve it. And this is not one store in some backwater area, no this is all of the southern Louisianna. Some of these little towns have three all at one intersection!

And they wonder why the education level for Louisianna is so low.

1 comment:

  1. It seems to me that these establishments may be traps for DUIs much in the same way speed traps are set up. Hmm ...

    On a completely unrelated sidenote, I thought I'd share that someone gave me a little nugget of advice for when traveling to Georgia/Azerbaijan/Kazakhstan/Dunundastan: "Play Canadian. Everyone loves the Canadaians."

    Where have I heard that before? Hmmm ...

    ReplyDelete