Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Yes, I'm Alive

Just to reassure everyone, YES, I'm still alive. Just very busy what with school and everything else. I *still* have not quite moved all the way into my room, partially because I just don't have time to unpack everything, and partially because (much to my roommate's chagrin), I can't find a furniture arrangement that really is satisfying. I think later today after classes, I'm going to go home and try a different one out; I had a flash of furniture-related brilliance this morning when I got out of my shower.

So far, classes are going pretty well. I'm in 21 hours of classes, although I'm thinking about dropping one of my classes. I'm not sure which, but it's pretty much a toss-up between my 9 AM Russian class or my 6:30-8:50 PM Psych Stats class. Not that I don't like either of them, I just don't like the times. Speaking of Russian, I *did* manage to miss that class yesterday. Turns out yesterday was NOT a Monday. Unfortunately, setting my alarm the night before, I forgot that it was Labor Day weekend, and so I set my alarm to wake me up for my Monday classes. Here's the problem: Russian is at 9 AM. My Monday/Wednesday classes don't start until 1:30 PM. You do the math.

But whatever. I have the notes and homework, so it's all good. I'm about to go to personality this morning. I had to get up a little bit earlier today to go in so I could help collate and number the exams for the Intro to Psych section I'm a TA for. All 460 of the exams. *Whew*.

We finished pretty early, but it was still not the most exciting of experiences. Today's a pretty easy day. I have two classes today, then I'm going back to the apartment complex to deal with an eviction notice I received earlier this week. Relax, I'm not being evicted, but apparently the Reserve mixed up the order they do their paperwork in, and did the eviction notices before they did the paperwork about who gets to turn in rent late for financial aid reasons. Either way, I saved the notice in case Mom wants to scrapbook her baby's first eviction notice. And hopefully the last.

Anyway, Feroz and I both have a lot of homework/other stuff to do tonight, so we decided that we're both treating ourselves to something nice for dinner, then going to a room in the Union later and studying away our night. After, of course, my UOSA Coordinators meeting at 8:30. Then tomorrow, I have four classes, UOSA office hours, Psychology Club, an Advocacy Rep meeting, a meeting with the Graduation Retention office for UOSA, and then to bring my busy day to a close, a shift at the crisis line. *Whew*. I feel tired already.

Later, Internetland.

No comments:

Post a Comment